NEW ORLEANS — The New Orleans Film Festival (NOFF), now in its 25th year, will be accepting applications to the Emerging Voices Program.
The goal of Emerging Voices is to offer African-American and Black Diaspora directors in Louisiana an environment to meaningfully connect with industry leaders, to both expand their career opportunities and to help strengthen our indigenous film community.
Selected filmmakers will be paired with a Film Industry leader and have one-on-one meetings during the 25th Annual New Orleans Film Festival (October 16-23, 2014). Emerging Voices mentees will also participate in short intensive meetings with industry professionals to build further connections to advance their projects. Emerging Voices mentees will also receive an All Access pass to the 2014 New Orleans Film Festival.
Emerging Voices Program Submission Eligibility
You must be a Louisiana-based filmmaker self-identifying as Black/member of the African Diaspora.
Narrative and Documentary Projects may submit in the following categories: shorts, features and web-based.
All projects must be original content, and in the development/pre-production stage.
The program will not accept completed projects.
You may only submit one project per person and applicants must serve as the Director or Producer of the project.
Participants must be available October 16-19, 2014.
You must be 18 years or older to enter.
To Apply To Emerging Voices Program
The applicant will need to submit the following:
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in NOFF Emerging Voices 2014.
- Logline and synopsis of your project.
- Working screenplay (narrative shorts, features) or, detailed documentary proposal (shorts and features). If you are submitting a web-based project, we ask that you submit two scripts (narrative) or episode proposals (documentaries). Treatments for narrative submissions will not be accepted.
- Biography of director and producer(s), as well as any other key personnel attached to the project.
- Proof of residency – Must be resident of Louisiana for at least three (3) years (scanned copy of LA. driver’s license/photo id required).
- Project status and history.
- Finance plan and budget (budget is recommended but not required).
- Director’s prior work sample or rough-cut/clip-reel for documentary works-in- progress (online link).
There is no application fee to submit and only one submission per person is allowed.
Click here to apply: Emerging Voices Application
Submission closes at midnight on Sunday, August 24th
Good luck everyone!
Stanley B. Gill
Founder & Editor-in-Chief